25 February 2020 In 2018, the restored reliquary of the Borysoglib Cathedral was presented in the Chernihiv Historical Museum named after V.V. Tarnovsky.

Дарохранильниця (tomb) - sacred vessel, which stores the Holy Gifts - Body and Blood of Christ, used for communion. This relic of the 18th century., plays a bumpy ride, Jesus Christ has passed on Earth. The chief custodian of the museum's funds, Hanna Arendar, recalled the history of the relic. The author of this monument of goldsmith art is unknown, but it resembles the works, who did the famous Ukrainian master goldsmith Clement Chizhevsky (м. Kyiv) in the 60s and 70s of the 18th century. Religious objects made in a professional manner, combines Baroque, Rococo and classicism. The presented gift keeper is mentioned in 1782 in the description Borisoglebskii Cathedral, and there is evidence, gave her temple monk Manuyevych, a former resident of Chernigov. The relic came to the museum in a damaged state in 1933 year after the closing of the cathedral. During the Second World War was a cult object in evacuation. Through photos, which was published in the book "Kartynы life of the church diocese Chernyhovskoy" 1911 year, The shrine was restored to its original state. The restoration of the shrine was carried out by a group of restorers of the National Research Restoration Center of Ukraine, led by the artist-restorer of metal works of the highest category Viktor Golub.

Said Victor Golub, that the work was very difficult. We had to develop a lot of design details. The bulk of the restoration work carried artist-restorer Alexander Oryschak, who made great efforts for the revival of the sanctuary, and for this work atestuvavsya and specialized restorer of the highest category.
In turn, Alexander Oryschak described the laborious and lengthy process of restoration. Tabernacles made of silver, copper and brass. The restoration is received in a fragmented state (generally consists of 357 parts), many details have been lost. Fragments were traces of corrosion, numerical deformation, scratch, loss of gilding. It was evident, that the exhibit often fell, and repaired several times. The restorer discovered quite atypical connections of different metals. Due to the illustrations in the book "The life of the church Kartynы Chernyhovskoy diocese" can be seen in what order were set up and connected parts. A large number of deformations and distortions complicated job.
For, to compare the gift-keepers of the 18th century. with cult objects earlier time, the "tomb" of the 17th century was presented to those present., which was made in 1682 the funds vybelskoho centurion Euphemia pubis and presented to Nicholas church in Chernihiv. What the text retells the Old Ukrainian, contained in tabernacles. Church of his time was located at the corner of streets Hounds and Svyatomykolayivskoyi, and it was Euthymios Lobko ktetor.
Chief curator of the museum Anna Arendar
















More Stories
Burnt villages of Chernihiv Oblast: memory, which cannot be lost
“Stories of the unbreakable: Tupychiv community”
Day of the Heroes of the Heavenly Hundred